Virtual Walk Details
What does it mean to go virtual?
This year’s walk may look different compared to years past, but your support and dedication are more important than ever.
On October 4, walk around your neighborhood, go to the park, walk your dog, head to the beach or hop on the treadmill. We are encouraging walkers to walk two miles but choose what feels right to you! Just be sure to do it safely and follow social distancing guidelines.
You can walk where you like – Walk around your neighborhood, go to the park, head to the beach or hop on the treadmill.
You can walk with who you like – Walk with your friends, family, teammates, your dog or do it solo. Make sure you are staying 6’ apart and wearing masks to practice social distancing.
You can walk when and how long you like – Traditionally, the walk kicks off at 10am and walkers have the option of doing a 1- or 3-mile walk. Since you are doing this your own way, you get to pick the time and the length of walk that works best for you!
How do we get started?
To join Virtual Hope Walks, first you must register as an individual, create a team, or join a team.
Virtual Walker Registration
- Adult Virtual Walker (Ages 12+): $20
- Youth Virtual Walker (Ages 3-11): $5
- Toddlers (Ages 0-2): Free
***All walkers who register and self-donate $20 at the time of registration will receive a Hope Walks Long Sleeve T-Shirt.***
*In order to receive your t-shirt in the mail prior to Virtual Hope Walks, you must register by Thursday, October 1st at 2:00PM. If you register after that time, your shirt will be shipped to you post-walk.
Curbside T-Shirt Pickup
Thank you to everyone who came and picked up your t-shirts at our curbside t-shirt pickup. If you were unable to join us, don’t worry! Your shirts will be mailed to you. In order to receive your t-shirt in the mail prior to Virtual Hope Walks, you must register by Thursday, October 1st at 2:00PM. If you register after that time, your shirt will be shipped to you post-walk. T-shirt sizes are first come, first serve.
What Else Should We Do?
- Begin fundraising and help us reach our goal of $100,000! Need help fundraising for Virtual Hope Walks? Check out our virtual fundraising tips and virtual fundraising toolkit.
- Recruit your friends and family to donate or have them join your Virtual Hope Walks team!
- Show us what the last 10 years of Hope Walks has meant to you, by sending us your photos and videos, and let us know why you walk. Send them via email to email@example.com by Wednesday, September 30.*
- Don’t forget to tag Newton-Wellesley on social media when promoting your participation in Virtual Hope Walks by using #NWHHopeWalks
* By sharing your walk photos or videos with us, you are giving Newton-Wellesley Hospital consent to use them for the purpose of creating marketing materials and for posting such photos, film and/or recordings on social media platforms.