Over the past 10 years, you’ve helped us raise over $1.6 million dollars to support the patients of the Mass General Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. It is because of you that we can provide our patients and community with expert, compassionate care.
While fundraising for Hope Walks is not a requirement, it is essential to support and sustain the programs that benefit patients of the Mass General Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley. Help us reach our $100,000 goal by registering for Virtual Hope Walks and creating your own fundraising page!
As a thank you for raising funds for the Mass General Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley, Youth Virtual Walkers who fundraise $100 and Adult Virtual Walkers who raise $250 will receive a limited edition Hope Walks tumbler and sunglasses.
Challenge yourself and raise $1,100 – in honor of our 11th Annual Hope Walks – to receive a limited edition Hope Walks Jabba Bluetooth Speaker.
Awards will be given out to the top three team and individual fundraisers participating in this year’s Virtual Hope Walks. Fundraising totals will be based on totals through Wednesday, September 30 at noon.
Quick Virtual Fundraising Tips
- Ask 10 friends, family members or co-workers for $25. It is a low amount that many people can afford, and it gets you to the $250 minimum quickly!
- Your network doesn’t need to meet with you in person to give you a donation. They can fill out the offline donation form, which will give them all the details they need to fill out and mail in a check, or they can do it all online. Once you have your personal fundraising link, be sure to send it around via email or post on social media so that your network can donate to you in the comfort of their own home.
- Ask your network to pledge a certain amount per mile you complete on Virtual Hope Walks day on Oct. 4th. For example, if someone pledges $10 per mile and you complete 3 miles, that automatically gets you $30.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines by hosting a virtual event! Maybe you love to cook or are a pro mixologist and could host a food or drink class. Maybe you love to work out or teach fitness classes for a living that you could share with your network. Maybe you or your family have a musical talent and could provide a 40-minute concert. Get creative and charge your attendees a fee to participate that can be added to your fundraising efforts.
- One huge benefit of going fully virtual? Friends and family across the country – or even the globe – can register and join your team! If they can’t give you a donation, ask them to register and join your Virtual Hope Walks team!
While soliciting your network may seem like a daunting task – especially during these difficult times – there are resources and tools available for you to become very successful. Be sure to check out our fundraising toolkit, here.